Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Free Samples 101
Oh man, what a rush. Some of my favorite free samples have been Purina cat food and a Diamond Dazzle stick which cleans my rings and makes the diamonds shine like crazy! I have also received some coupons for a free bottle of Advil, Exderin, Suave hair care products, chips, Zyrtec, Philadelphia Cooking Creme, and many others.
To call me obsessed is an understatement... it would be more appropriate to call it a way of life. I look forward to visiting the mail box each and every day. Is that strange? On my way home from work, I ask my husband if he got the mail.... every day.
Where to go:
There are a ton of websites that offer free samples. Many retail stores like walmart.com, target.com, kroger.com offer free samples. Check your local grocery store chain's website to see if they have a free sample section on their site. And then there are many, many awesome coupon/free sample/savings sites like dealseekingmom.com, ilovefreethings.com, moneysavingmom.com, freesamples2fillupyourmailbox.com, hunt4freebies.com, thefrugalgirls.com and thekrazycouponlady.com. There are a ton more but my life has changed since I found dealseekingmom. Most of the blogs will have a specific link dedicated to free samples.
Before you start:
I don't just sign up for everything. I make sure it's a secure link and that it's linked directly to the store or company's website. I don't use a fake email address but I use an email address that is specifically for junk mail. I never give out too personal of information either. It's just not worth it.
Free samples are great for many reasons:
1. My little sister is a lowly intern and makes $0/year but has to raise support. Troy and I can't support her financially but I support her by sending her free samples of shampoo or snacks. I also sign my mom up for things as well.
2. They make great stocking stuffers.
3. They are great to add to a little basket for a guest room. That way a guest won't feel like they are inconveniencing you if they need a tooth brush or laundry detergent.
4. They are a great back up if you are out of something. If we ran out of cat food, we know that we have a stash of 3 cat food samples just waiting for us. Plus, we have at least 8 laundry detergent samples. We're never running out.
5. You can try new products! There have been many products that I have sampled that I have started using now. Most of the time manufacturers will usually add a valuable coupon with their sample too. Double bonus!
6. They are great to travel with! You don't have to worry about size or weight restrictions when you have small samples going along for the ride!
I mean, who doesn't love to receive a little package in the mail? It's like Christmas/your birthday every day!
Do you know of any sites that you use for saving money, clipping coupons or finding great samples? Share them here.