Thursday, May 26, 2011

8th Grade Pizza

8th grade pizza? Yes, that is my fancy name for these little delicacies. Small? Yes. Delicious? Double yes!

For Troy's 30th birthday bash in December, I made an array of goodies but wanted something a little bit more substantial so I thought of these. They are so simple to make... in fact, I first made them in 8th grade in my home economics class. I forget what else we made in that class but we learned about nutrition and fun phrases like, "When in doubt, throw it out!" 8th grade was a great year and now that I can look back and remember this recipe from way back in the day, makes my 8th grade year seem even greater.

Although these mini pizzas don't look any different than the ones that I made in 8th grade, I've jazzed them up with some spices and different ingredients to make them a little more grown up.

Ingredients:
Package of English muffins (6 in a package)
Marinara sauce
Pepperonis
Cheese (Any kind that you fancy. We usually use a mozzarella or pizza cheese and top with some parm.)
Garlic salt
Italian Seasoning

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Halve each muffin.
2. Get a cookie sheet ready by putting some parchment paper on top of it (or skip the paper and spray the pan with PAM). Lay each halved English muffin on the cookie sheet. I usually fit about 12 halved muffins on a sheet at a time.
3. Scoop out sauce with a spoon and spread on evenly to each English muffin.
4. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and some garlic salt on each muffin.
5. Add some pepperonis (3-4 per muffin).
6. Add the mozzarella cheese (or choice cheese) and top with a little parm.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese gets hot, bubbly and starts to brown the edges.

These guys are delish and a great alternative for frozen pizza. I've taken these to many church functions and they've always been a hit! Thank you, public school system, for teaching me to be such a great, complex cook! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment